Monday, October 8, 2012

Roberto Clemente Rookie Card would like to introduce you to RCRC Lite™

Ok so, welcome back, you? Me? I don't know, maybe both of us. If it hasn't been painfully obvious, the year 2012 has been full of empty promises and we've offered you nothing to get into in what might be the most transitional year for music that our generation has ever experienced. That being said..............

We'd like to reminisce for a moment, back to the days when this blog was a vehicle for showcasing bands that were being played on the Roberto Clemente Rookie Card radio show on WCAL 91.9 FM. So back then, I was living alone, in college, lots of spare time, lots of spare mind. A lot of time was spent curating this blog and attempting to make it the best outlet for the bands we love that we could possibly offer. During those years we met a lot of awesome people that we still work with to this day, you know the ones. We were able to release compilation albums in the springs of 2011 and 2012, and started up what we believe is a terrific and positive net label called Ailanthus Recordings, that has basically been the primary vessel for our interests this past year. When I look back I realize that, this blog has become exactly what I always dreamed it could be.

However, I no-longer spend countless nites zoned into the computer screen hundreds of miles from any care in the world, I have great friends and family around me, a great job, and very little spare time on my hands. The radio show no longer exists and I've posted like 6 times this whole year. But this website is still always in the forefront of my mind each and every day. To save you from another 10 blithering paragraphs, I'll basically tell you what I've decided to do:

I never really wanted this to be a blog without a voice, I always loved writing about the records, telling new news, you know, blog stuff, but obviously that's not been happening. So today I introduce to you; RCRC Lite™, a watered down version of what we've always offered you, but I'm going to spare the writing and excessive information for what we've seen happen to a lot of blogs the past few years: a website full of album covers and links to download them. I'm still going to make every effort to backlink everything I can, so that you can get the most comprehensive access to the bands we cover, I still plan to do some more in depth commentaries from time to time, and I'll be sure to let you guys know when somethings happening out in the real world. But basically, we still want to be a part of your life, and if that means dealing with life as it is now and doing what we can, then that's what we're going to have to do. You, the reader and You, the artist, combined with a passion for what our generation is creating is what has kept this project moving for so long. Expect tons of vague posts and lots of great new music coming from our imprint. We hope that you accept us back into your life and enjoy what we want to share with you.

Thank you for reading all of this, I'm pretty sure it was extremely poorly written, but you get what I'm saying, the blog is back, just a bit leaner. The past 3 years may very well be the most important years in music since the 50's, let's see what happens together, yeah?

Welcome to Stage 2: RCRC Lite™

- Scott


1 comment: